Tearing down a tank and need to UNaquascape.

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of tearing down a tank that has been running for 25 years. Some of the base rock has become so encrusted I literally can't pull it apart to access some of the anemones and shrooms. I've removed as much as I can using my fragging cutters. I've considered using a prybar, but I'm afraid the pressure might break the glass. Any suggestions to help remove/break the rock? Maybe if there was some sort of saw to use underwater?
Thanks

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of tearing down a tank that has been running for 25 years. Some of the base rock has become so encrusted I literally can't pull it apart to access some of the anemones and shrooms. I've removed as much as I can using my fragging cutters. I've considered using a prybar, but I'm afraid the pressure might break the glass. Any suggestions to help remove/break the rock? Maybe if there was some sort of saw to use underwater?
Thanks
Not sure how big the rocks are or what your up against but I’ve known people to get a long attachment for their dremel and use cutting wheels inside the tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back