tenuis adjustment colors faded / dieing?

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin,

I got this good looking frag a few weeks ago, was careful with acclimation and had it on a rack for a few weeks. It slowly lost color and since then I started dosing trace elements minimally and did my regular weekly wc*s.

Is this normal for mari / wild tenuis that are not tank cultured for years? The seller / store got it looking real good, which is why I bought it. I don't have pics of it when he got it, but he he said it looked bleached.

I moved the frag to the main rock yesterday, and it's the only sps that I could worry about, the rest are fine. Is there anything to do?

The recent pic is the less colored one taken before Rick placement, and I have no PE either since glueing it on the rock yesterday

IMG_20230201_134136.jpg IMG_20230115_173100.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score on the coral!!

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin,

I got this good looking frag a few weeks ago, was careful with acclimation and had it on a rack for a few weeks. It slowly lost color and since then I started dosing trace elements minimally and did my regular weekly wc*s.

Is this normal for mari / wild tenuis that are not tank cultured for years? The seller / store got it looking real good, which is why I bought it. I don't have pics of it when he got it, but he he said it looked bleached.

I moved the frag to the main rock yesterday, and it's the only sps that I could worry about, the rest are fine. Is there anything to do?

The recent pic is the less colored one taken before Rick placement, and I have no PE either since glueing it on the rock yesterday

IMG_20230201_134136.jpg IMG_20230115_173100.jpg
Dealing with something similar with some tenuis frags I recently acquired. How did this one turn out for you?

OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with something similar with some tenuis frags I recently acquired. How did this one turn out for you?
I bought that one on two occasions. Another time after I posted original post. Both didn't work out. The first time it faded to white , I chucked it out after algae grew on it. The second time was kalk incident and it did not survive. It was far more sensitive than other long term aquarium captive across,( which did survive the kalk incident. )

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought that one on two occasions. Another time after I posted original post. Both didn't work out. The first time it faded to white , I chucked it out after algae grew on it. The second time was kalk incident and it did not survive. It was far more sensitive than other long term aquarium captive across,( which did survive the kalk incident. )
Wild/mari acros are def harder to keep in captivity and colors do morph a lot! Survival Rates are okay but not the greatest like aquaculture and that’s what’s given sps a bad name and impossible to keep in some peoples eyes lol. Once your tank is dialed and more mature it becomes easier but it’s never an guarantee

Back