Thank You EcoTech!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos given when its deserved!

I sent my ancient MP40 wetside (circa 2015) in to have a broken impeller repaired. I was more than ok with paying for the part or an replacement wetside but I received an email that they would cover the cost. I was/am more than elated, cheers to Ecotech again.

Screenshot_20230324-081148.png

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good that they got you cover. Unfortunately myself including many others were not. I think my Nero 5 was 2019 and broke 2022 (propeller looks like new and spun freely but stuck on a solid red light). I sent it back with my own money and told the repair fee was $145. Bear in mind, the Nero 5 back then was retail $199.99 but wanted $145 for the “repair”. If they designed the controller can be detached like the jebao does, all I had to pay for the controller but decided not to imo due to more profitable strategy. So NOPE!

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good that they got you cover. Unfortunately myself including many others were not. I think my Nero 5 was 2019 and broke 2022 (propeller looks like new and spun freely but stuck on a solid red light). I sent it back with my own money and told the repair fee was $145. So NOPE!
have had two good examples of them either covering costs, or charging reasonable amounts - there is something for consistency in how you are treated, but so far I am on the fanboy side

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have had two good examples of them either covering costs, or charging reasonable amounts - there is something for consistency in how you are treated, but so far I am on the fanboy side
Inconsistent makes consumers feel unequally treated by using the policy of “case by case basis”.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good that they got you cover. Unfortunately myself including many others were not. I think my Nero 5 was 2019 and broke 2022 (propeller looks like new and spun freely but stuck on a solid red light). I sent it back with my own money and told the repair fee was $145. Bear in mind, the Nero 5 back then was retail $199.99 but wanted $145 for the “repair”. If they designed the controller can be detached like the jebao does, all I had to pay for the controller but decided not to imo due to more profitable strategy. So NOPE!
Lol...

I've had good and bad experiences with ecotech. You couldn't pay me to buy new products from them and I won't but in this instance they did me right.

I had a LONG odyssey with them over a vectra pump and a warranty claim with the controller about 5-6 years ago that more than soured me on them.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I even admit I had uneven treatment from them, this time it worked in my favor. I stopped using my mp40's for years over a broken impeller and refusing to pay the stupid high price to buy a wet side after a bad experience with a m1 vectra claim. I totally spited my face, lol.

I tried with a repair, they took good care of me. Thus the thread.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...

I've had good and bad experiences with ecotech. You couldn't pay me to buy new products from them and I won't but in this instance they did me right.

I had a LONG odyssey with them over a vectra pump and a warranty claim with the controller about 5-6 years ago that more than soured me on them.
Yup, would never pay retail for any of the products for me.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I even admit I had uneven treatment from them, this time it worked in my favor. I stopped using my mp40's for years over a broken impeller and refusing to pay the stupid high price to buy a wet side after a bad experience with a m1 vectra claim. I totally spited my face, lol.

I tried with a repair, they took good care of me. Thus the thread.
Speaking of mp40 ……

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had great customer service from them in the past. Since they've been "bought out" not so much. Sent in a driver for repair/replacement weeks ago. Called to see what's going on and was told "we've just received it on March 02, 2023. Heard nothing for two weeks and called again. Was told "the driver board sustains water damage and needs replacement at a cost." Okay I say. I ask the rep about RF chips and she states "we just received a shipment and they"re listed on the website."

So I ask can I order a couple and she says "sure." So I place my order, pay for the driver replacement and the chips and was told "this will be shipped out right away." This is around 3-16-23. Called yesterday to inquire about the status and was told "We're waiting for parts." I ask what parts, and was told the "RF chips."

I say the Rep I spoke to last week stated that the chips were in stock. Was told "I'll have to check on that."
I'm still waiting and have not heard anything.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great customer service from them in the past. Since they've been "bought out" not so much. Sent in a driver for repair/replacement weeks ago. Called to see what's going on and was told "we've just received it on March 02, 2023. Heard nothing for two weeks and called again. Was told "the driver board sustains water damage and needs replacement at a cost." Okay I say. I ask the rep about RF chips and she states "we just received a shipment and they"re listed on the website."

So I ask can I order a couple and she says "sure." So I place my order, pay for the driver replacement and the chips and was told "this will be shipped out right away." This is around 3-16-23. Called yesterday to inquire about the status and was told "We're waiting for parts." I ask what parts, and was told the "RF chips."

I say the Rep I spoke to last week stated that the chips were in stock. Was told "I'll have to check on that."
I'm still waiting and have not heard anything.
Please keep us posted.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Ecotech threads. The trolls can smell when they are posted :winking-face-with-tongue:
I'm usually one of them :grinning-squinting-face:. As I said earlier, credit is given when deserved and they deserve it.

Up until now, screw them, lol. Still salty about having to buy a replacement controller after it failed to sell a under warranty vectra. I cant lie that grudge is still real, lol.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Welcome to Ecotech threads. The trolls can smell when they are posted :winking-face-with-tongue:
How is sharing your personal opinion/experience trolling? OP had a good experience so he opened a thread thanking Ecotech. If he didn’t want others to chime in then why create a discussion post?

Like everyone my experience has been hit or miss. I share a similar opinion to others I wish they were more consistent with their policy.

Most recently I had a broken lower housing on my g5 radion near the T8 screw. Ecotech covered the cost of the part and I covered shipping.

I have had radion lights fail and aqua illumination lights catch fire. I mailed the AI and radion lights to Ecotech and all I got was a “sorry, they can’t be repaired but we can offer you a 15% discount on a new one but seeing as you are in Canada you will need to cover shipping and duties, it may actually just be cheaper to buy a new one locally”. Imagine that? Sorry we almost burnt your house down, your fried light can’t be repaired (no sh**) but if you want another one please go to your local distributor and buy one…

I have had all my worst customer service experiences with Ecotech/AI. I have had a few positive ones but the negatives are often hefty. A $0.50 housing they will cover but $1500 damage to lights and potential 1000s to home, nahhhh

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is sharing your personal opinion/experience trolling? OP had a good experience so he opened a thread thanking Ecotech. If he didn’t want others to chime in then why create a discussion post?

Like everyone my experience has been hit or miss. I share a similar opinion to others I wish they were more consistent with their policy.

Most recently I had a broken lower housing on my g5 radion near the T8 screw. Ecotech covered the cost of the part and I covered shipping.

I have had radion lights fail and aqua illumination lights catch fire. I mailed the AI and radion lights to Ecotech and all I got was a “sorry, they can’t be repaired but we can offer you a 15% discount on a new one but seeing as you are in Canada you will need to cover shipping and duties, it may actually just be cheaper to buy a new one locally”. Imagine that? Sorry we almost burnt your house down, your fried light can’t be repaired (no sh**) but if you want another one please go to your local distributor and buy one…

I have had all my worst customer service experiences with Ecotech/AI. I have had a few positive ones but the negatives are often hefty. A $0.50 housing they will cover but $1500 damage to lights and potential 1000s to home, nahhhh
Agree. With my case, there’s no way it would costs $145 to “repair” my Nero 5. I do share good experience like I have so far with Premium Aquatics

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back