topdownncandbopicshotelroom141.jpg

sorry again for the horrible pic

Gills&Roots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't quite get the orange rings to pop or the greens and blues. My best acan. No kidding about killing everything, it has grabed things 2"-5" away. Nasty bugger.
IMG_3823.jpg

Last edited:

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agent Orange:
3555892816_3b31c0d279_o.jpg

Rainbow something or other from WWC:
DSC023351-1.jpg

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AechRbw32010.jpg

That is crazy Peter, they were calling it the Sunset echinata, guess that is the new name. Mine is only 3 polyps but looks great.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is crazy Peter, they were calling it the Sunset echinata, guess that is the new name. Mine is only 3 polyps but looks great.

Ah, sorry, my bad. It may very well be Sunset Echinata. I really don't recall. I'll admit it really only looks its best under my blue LED's, but WOW does it pop! I started with three heads that I got at CFM in socal.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually think they may have changed the name, so who knows now. Good excuse to call Victor and Lou. Here's an old pic of mine.

EchinataSunset510.jpg

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a very cool acan. You rarely see yellow (not orange, but more yellow) on one. It really makes the centers pop!

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Ah, sorry, my bad. It may very well be Sunset Echinata. I really don't recall. I'll admit it really only looks its best under my blue LED's, but WOW does it pop! I started with three heads that I got at CFM in socal.

I picked up a piece of "Sunset Echinata" from WWc at Baymac, I posted it in the 3rd post at the beginning of the thread.

jestersix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst part is how they behave for months until they lull you into a false sense of security, then eat something you really liked but were stupid and put 5 inches away!

Seashine150036.jpg

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
These acans are like pitbulls man... sure, they are awesome but you gotta keep an eye on them.. the neighbors poodle ends up to close to the house and guess who is over the fence with a new toy haha.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a piece of "Sunset Echinata" from WWc at Baymac, I posted it in the 3rd post at the beginning of the thread.

Yeah, I figured it was the same, with the yellow in the centers. Get that thing under some actinics, man!! :wink:

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Dude, I have a new found love in making coral photos look like what they actually are. hahaha... when this thing is back in the 55g it is overrrrrrr haha

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, well, since I don't keep mine on the porch outside, I don't really worry about what it "acually looks like" :)

Last edited:
Back