The Avast Skimmate locker "Davey Jones" has landed

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to hooking up the Avast Davey Jones Locker.
AVAST Marine Works - Davy Jones' Skimmate Locker - Product Details

Now with all the skimmers I have had I havent used one of these for years. I did have a MRC collector back int he day hooked up to my etss skimmer.

With that said, This isnt your normal Locker. I was always worried about it filling up and spilling over. These Lockers are pretty nice. The shut off the skimmer when full. They offer a stand alone unit and a way to hook them up to about every popular controller. RKL/E, Profilux, Apex, reef angel and a bare wire for DIY.

I have a reefkeeper elite and Got the one with the switch that hooks right up the sl1. I got this all plugged in and it took me about 30 seconds to program. Really nice. Now If you have a swabbie I would almost say you have to have one of these. Just a nice little add on.
djslocker_md.jpg

feel free to ask any questions ill do my best. Ill take a picture of mine here in a couple of days when I have something in it to show.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mojo, I bought one of these a while back too. Its already saved me a few times. Great product.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I am so used to coming home and looking at my skimmer cup to see what I collected and now I am having to look at the container. its been days and my cup is still empty. woohoo.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I've been thinking about getting one of these since I have the Reef Octopus cleaner on mine. Still not sure yet though.

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is indeed a great product! I have both the swabbie and davy jones locker and it makes the unpleasant task of cleaning out the skimmer cup periodical rather than every day or two!

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea These are perfect if you have a neck cleaner. A must really.

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting the review Mojo. I had been looking at one a while back, but I didn't see the option for the RKE switch. That makes it a no brainer.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, Since you can hook it to about any controller now... why not ? right? Great product as always Avast. Thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back