Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Coral, best photo I can get with the crappy cell phone. One day I'll own a decent camera

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Present problem, I have a Clown tang that I wish I had never laid eyes on, started attacking all his tank mates as soon as he got in the DT. Model citizen while in QT with two MI, very territorial and just really has it in for my purple tang that I've had for about 5 years. Mirror doesn't work, keeps him busy for awhile, then he is all worked up, turns almost black in color and goes crazy chasing everything but the Trigger. one week I've been feeding the fish through a trap to get them accustom to it in the tank, every fish in the tank has been in the trap to eat except you know who, finally today saw him go in momentarily, maybe now it won't be much longer before he is out and my tank will be at piece again

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a good note the Achilles Tang is doing great, really starting to eat good, which had me concerned because for the first three days he hardly touched anything hide behind the rock. now when I enter the room he comes up to the glass and looks eager for treats. I have treated with two rounds of Prazipro, no copper unless I see sighs

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a big one! I have the L2 for my 120. Looking forward to seeing how you mount it. I am waiting until I get my sump to decide how mine will be installed.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8066.PNG Rick over @synergy reef came up with a real nice mounting bracket for his Turbo ATS, I'm trying to see if he can come up with something for the custom sump they built for me

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8066.PNG Rick over @synergy reef came up with a real nice mounting bracket for his Turbo ATS, I'm trying to see if he can come up with something for the custom sump they built for me
Nice! Once I get the sump here, I will see if it will even fit on the sump, or if I might want to mount it on the side of the stand, hanging over the sump. I have some ideas. It might just sit over the return section. The width of that section is close to the width of the scrubber. Maybe I can get Tyler at Eite to come up with something also.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mr black pearl
Nice build. Can u help me out with something please. The pictures ur qt tank with the Achilles tang. In the first photo there is a nozzle in the air I looked so hard to find a drain for it is there not one? And u just use the nozzle to fill the qt tank up? If u would be so kind I would love to see a picture of ur qt set up cause it looks so nice. Unles u already did show that then just tell me to re read ur thread.
Beautiful tank and fish btw. And my buddy has a clown tang I fish sit for him from time to time and his is exactly the same way he has bit me a couple times they are meanies
Thanks
Justin

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mr black pearl
Nice build. Can u help me out with something please. The pictures ur qt tank with the Achilles tang. In the first photo there is a nozzle in the air I looked so hard to find a drain for it is there not one? And u just use the nozzle to fill the qt tank up? If u would be so kind I would love to see a picture of ur qt set up cause it looks so nice. Unles u already did show that then just tell me to re read ur thread.
Beautiful tank and fish btw. And my buddy has a clown tang I fish sit for him from time to time and his is exactly the same way he has bit me a couple times they are meanies
Thanks
Justin[/
LOL yeah my Clown tang is chillin in the sump till I decide what to do with him, have thought about trying to reintroduce him, but my gut feeling is NO! that outlet above the QT, which is that tank's present duty, is to supply a future frag tank with water from the DT and sump. My plans are to have a frag tank there eventually that will share the sump with the DT, there is an overflow produced by Life Reef that I plan on adding once the duty of that tank becomes the frag tank

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got u it looks amazing and looks like u did a proper job on it. So do u just have an hob on it now?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outlined the spot where the Pearl was going to sit, added some color to the room and a little art image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg

I've lusted after that school of lookdowns since my first trip to key west. Last time we were there, I purchased the only one I could find.

So now I'm jealous, the tank is beautiful mind you, but those fish!

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. When I first saw them they intrigued me also and I searched till I found a price I could tolerate, I get a lot of compliments on them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back