The CT Video Tank Tour Challenge is HERE!

Waz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody! Are you bored with your reef tank at home and need something to do? Do you miss watching all those sports and competitions on ESPN? Well, guess What? CTARS is here to fill that missing void with the CT TANK TOUR COMPETITION! Here's the challenge. Create a video that gives a full tour of your reef aquarium- 5 minutes MAX. Video must include equipment, maintenance, chemistry, and of course biology. Upload your video and post it on the CTARS Facebook page and/or the CTARS Reef2Reef forum and collect likes. The top 3 most popular videos win gift cards to their favorite LOCAL fish store. So get those phones, filters, and mics out and make the best video. Are you like my students and need an example? FINE! Here's one of my own tank at home! Waz's Tank Tour- 40.2 Waterbox Reef Aquarium We also ask that you send me or Earl your video so we can upload it to our NEW CTARS Youtube channel. Here, we hope to create a collection of CT reefer tanks and also post all lectures and meetings on this channel. We also plan to Live Stream meetings to make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our new youtube channel. TANK YOU! Check out the YouTube channel, the 4 lectures from FFM 2020 are currently being uploaded! CTARS YouTube Channel
Tank Tour Challenge (1).png

Gordon Tuttle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not nearly as good as the first video (nice job!) but I’ll take the challenge all the same! 1 take, no editing. Biocube 32 with upgrades. I have a few other tanks to shoot also; one smaller Fluval Evo 13.5 nano-reef and my Red Sea Reefer 250.

Last edited:

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great entry Gordon! Solid single take and I like all the automation and upgrades you have added on that tank!

rtn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a shot at it, "Tuttle-style", single take. Sorry for all of the "uhhhs", I'm not great with all the names, and frankly I don't even know the name of everything in my tank. :) It's been running about two years now.

I need to clean up some cabling, but I've been putting it off because I want to move the Apex and drivers elsewhere.

The video was taken on a Pixel 2 with Polyp Lab orange filter. I don't have a Facebook account any longer, so I'm just posting here.

--rtn

ps. I have no idea why it's in SD, but I'm not redoing it for the 50th time right now!

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is our contest prize update! Get your entries in before May 15th! Thank you to everyone who reached out to support and make this more fun!

4815356D-A59B-4F46-A432-D945D2128E15.jpeg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine. Not actually a CTARS member anymore .... and the audio is a bit muffled ....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back