These coral glues really stick to us... It's Best Coral Glue 2019!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please.... Put your hands together for THESE Best Coral Glue options for 2019! (Yes, pun intended!) :p

Ryan and I vote on the Best of 2019 Coral Glue and would someone PLEASE make us some purple colored super glue?!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought to apply under water, Thanks

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dollar store baby FTW!

image.jpg

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I tried the underwater trick, I sucked a few drops of water into the bottle and ruined it!

To me, the best glue is the one that I can use all of it. I like the BSI, but I usually only get through 1/2 the tube before the cap seizes on. Then the tube rips trying to swap the replacement cap.

I've been having good luck with the thick glue I use for my RC planes. I put the precision tips on then glue under water. Sometimes it isn't practical because you can't get 2 hands in some places.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the BRS gel once but was disappointed the cap didn't have a needle to keep the spout clear. The BSI IC-GEL tube has that and never plugs up.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the little one shot polyplab tubes, good for 4-5 frags and if I need more I open another. I use the tunze epoxy also.
I am hesitant on any dollar store items, dog got sick from that crap and remember the baby formula scandal? Just never know what else is in it. I'll pay the extra buck or two

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the BRS ones on sale, I liked them but even with replacement cap I didn't get more than half the bottle.

Gorilla glue gel for the win! I get every drop out of those sizes. I often will use just a tiny amount, smaller containers you have toss the whole thing or it dries up.

Last edited:

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy it in bulk. No more worrying about glued on tops. I open a tube, use it all and throw it away.

This. Not only is it the cheapest (plus free fast shipping), but its the right design.

Big bottles are a design flaw. Single use tubes are ideal IMO

I dont think there is any difference in ingredients between any of them, just labels and bottles. Its all cyanoacrylate gel.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. Not only is it the cheapest (plus free fast shipping), but its the right design.

Big bottles are a design flaw. Single use tubes are ideal IMO

I dont think there is any difference in ingredients between any of them, just labels and bottles. Its all cyanoacrylate gel.

But if you don't use the whole tube then you are wasting the glue right?

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theyre really small tubes. Besides, no, I dont actually throw them out. They do have a lid. I'm just saying, if you only open and close a tube once or twice, you'll have no problems with it clogging. These big bottles have to be opened and closed many many times.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back