thoughts on the ATI 36" 8X39W HYBRID WIFI POWERMODULE

charlestonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have this fixture currently running on a tank? I have an 8' 475 gallon build I'll be underway on soon and am starting to generate my short list of equipment. I'm thinking running two of these (36" 8X39W) on the tank would do the trick. I'd hold them both 8" from the ends of the tank and have an 8" space between the fixtures to eat up the 24". any thoughts?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would cover the whole top with a pair of 48" model and not leave any space, but otherwise, it is a best of breed light - very hard to beat the performance and coverage.

OP
OP
C

charlestonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the quick reply! I think with everything I have going on up there I likely won't get 2 48" fixtures end to end without hanging over the ends of the tank. Now that I'm thinking about it though I certainly could do a 36" and then a 48" end to end and only have 4" between the 2 fixtures and on the ends. I think I'll go that route!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a 6' light over a 7' tank and I hated it. The ends are already low power enough since they only get light from the top and one side (instead of top and two sides) and then ends were just too dim - I put additional light over these ends. The less dark spots, the better if you want to have coral there.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back