View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
One 32oz bottle of Eight-Species Live Phyto Blend
PLUS
One Bottle of Three Species Copepod Blend

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
If there are any problems (including shipping) just let me know and I will make it right (refund or re-ship).
Harvested fresh on Monday evening and shipped out USPS Priority mail on Tuesday.

10% DISCOUNT FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS (You choose the frequency).

If you PM your PayPal email to me, I will send you an invoice (with payment options). Or, I can do Venmo or Cash App if you prefer.

32oz.jpg
Pod close up.jpg Pod 24.jpg

32oz bottle of Eight-Species Live Phyto Blend PLUS 12oz of pods (shipped in a 16oz bottle) $37

32oz bottle of Eight-Species Live Phyto Blend PLUS 24oz (Shipped in a 32oz bottle) $49

FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping

The pods are a mix of Tisbe, Apocyclops, and Tigriopus which have been raised on my premium eight-species live phyto (so they are very strong and healthy). I start with fresh, sterilized artificial saltwater made with RO water (usually Instant Ocean) - never tank water.

I culture several different species of phytoplankton ( 2-3 species of Tetraselmis, Nannochloropsis, 2-3 species of Isochrysis, Thalassiosira weissflogii (diatom), Nannochloris, two species of Chaetoceros (diatom), Chlorella, Dunaliella, and Pavlova separately and then combine them at harvest to insure that all species are present - if cultured together, one will eventually eliminate the others. There are slight variations week to week (there are actually more than 8 species), but this blend has green, brown, and gold phyto including diatoms with sizes from 1 micron to 14 microns. Some are motile, and some are not. They all have different nutritional profiles. In short, this blend should provide feed for all of the various microorganisms and filter-feeders in your tank.

I start with fresh, sterilized artificial saltwater made with RO water (usually Instant Ocean) and culture each species separately with F/2 fertilizer. I grow them in small cultures and inspect with a microscope to insure the highest quality. I grow the cultures to maximum density so that you get the most phyto for your money. Everything is kept clean and sterile and monitored closely so that you receive the highest quality live phyto. Pod 16b.jpg

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have receved and email with the tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

TAKING ORDERS FOR NEXT WEEK. We will harvest on Monday and ship on Tuesday. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have receved and email with the tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

TAKING ORDERS FOR NEXT WEEK. We will harvest on Monday and ship on Tuesday. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I will still be shipping next week (even though there is a holiday). I plan on shipping on Monday instead of Tuesday if all goes well. Thanks!

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I will be shipping tomorrow, Monday, because of the holiday. If anyone else wants some, please let me know as quickly as possible. Thanks!

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have received and email with the tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

For those who wanted pods after I was sold out, I will have more next week. I also have rotifers available now.

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have received and email with the tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have received an email with the tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

LittleReeferThatCould

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have received an email with the tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Good afternoon!

I’m wondering if you’re taking new customers and if you could give me some dosage/shelf life info for the phyto. I also want to get some pods for my 10gal nano. Thanks!

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Good afternoon!

I’m wondering if you’re taking new customers and if you could give me some dosage/shelf life info for the phyto. I also want to get some pods for my 10gal nano. Thanks!

Hello! It is pretty difficult to overdose live phyto. In short, almost any amount added on a consistent basis will be beneficial. The organisms that consume it will grow and multiply to a point of equilibrium. This will be very beneficial to the system. The phyto feeds some organisms (including some corals) directly, and other organisms and corals consume the increased pods, offspring, and microorganisms that multiply because of the increased phytoplankton available. The phyto also consumes nutrients until it is consumed itself.

Having said that, I usually recommend starting to dose at 3ml/10gallons of system volume per day. So, for a 10-gallon tank, 3-5ml/day would be a good starting point. This will actually give you more phyto cells than some other brands because I grow and ship the phyto at denser levels than some growers. As you observe, you can increase this amount by several times if you want (my smallest system is a 40 breeder with 20 sump, and I dose about 150ml/day - sometimes more). Pretty much the more the better. Or, a smaller amount would be okay too.

Fresh live phyto will keep for quite a while in the fridge. It is best to give it a gentle shake once a day. For the first month, there really isn’t any noticeable change. During the second month, the motile cells become less active, but there is still a fair amount of activity. By the end of the third month, there isn’t really any activity, but the cells are still intact. If a new culture is started with the three-month old sample, it will grow and some of the cells will be motile. So, using the phyto within a month would be ideal, within two months is fine, and even three months is probably okay.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Dave

LittleReeferThatCould

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! It is pretty difficult to overdose live phyto. In short, almost any amount added on a consistent basis will be beneficial. The organisms that consume it will grow and multiply to a point of equilibrium. This will be very beneficial to the system. The phyto feeds some organisms (including some corals) directly, and other organisms and corals consume the increased pods, offspring, and microorganisms that multiply because of the increased phytoplankton available. The phyto also consumes nutrients until it is consumed itself.

Having said that, I usually recommend starting to dose at 3ml/10gallons of system volume per day. So, for a 10-gallon tank, 3-5ml/day would be a good starting point. This will actually give you more phyto cells than some other brands because I grow and ship the phyto at denser levels than some growers. As you observe, you can increase this amount by several times if you want (my smallest system is a 40 breeder with 20 sump, and I dose about 150ml/day - sometimes more). Pretty much the more the better. Or, a smaller amount would be okay too.

Fresh live phyto will keep for quite a while in the fridge. It is best to give it a gentle shake once a day. For the first month, there really isn’t any noticeable change. During the second month, the motile cells become less active, but there is still a fair amount of activity. By the end of the third month, there isn’t really any activity, but the cells are still intact. If a new culture is started with the three-month old sample, it will grow and some of the cells will be motile. So, using the phyto within a month would be ideal, within two months is fine, and even three months is probably okay.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Dave
I really appreciate the info, Dave! I would love to place an order for 16 oz of phyto and a jar of pods. I figure at even 10ml of phyto daily, that gives me a month and a half supply. I’m open to your suggestion for the amount of pods, given the size of the tank. I’ve added a small amount of pods before but haven’t been consistent with feeding live phyto and no longer see any on the glass or in the water column. Please let me know how we can exchange information and get the ball rolling!

-Derek

OP
OP
Eldredge

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I really appreciate the info, Dave! I would love to place an order for 16 oz of phyto and a jar of pods. I figure at even 10ml of phyto daily, that gives me a month and a half supply. I’m open to your suggestion for the amount of pods, given the size of the tank. I’ve added a small amount of pods before but haven’t been consistent with feeding live phyto and no longer see any on the glass or in the water column. Please let me know how we can exchange information and get the ball rolling!

-Derek

Either size should be okay. Feeding the phyto will definitely help them multiply. If you can make a couple of piles of small rocks that the fish can’t get into, it will provide a place for the pods to hide.

If you can send me your PayPal email, I will send you an invoice. Or, I can do Venmo or cash app if you prefer. Thanks!

LittleReeferThatCould

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either size should be okay. Feeding the phyto will definitely help them multiply. If you can make a couple of piles of small rocks that the fish can’t get into, it will provide a place for the pods to hide.

If you can send me your PayPal email, I will send you an invoice. Or, I can do Venmo or cash app if you prefer. Thanks!
Let’s do cashapp! Please send me an email at [email protected] with the total

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back