To feed or not to feed anemones (bta)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe feeding, while not necessary, promotes faster growth. Also, some may not target feed the nem, but have clowns that will regularly bring it food. Others maybe not.

AnemoneFan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sold 30 rainbow bubble tips to a lfs and went back yesterday and saw that the rainbows had got a lot richer in color in terms the color red. The long markings on the tentacles had turned into dots..I was feeding these regularly before I sold them, but hadn’t achieved this amazing looking pattern on the tentacles and this deeper red. He just has his lights turned up higher. He isn’t feeding them :)

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed explicitly that when fed mine split every 2-3 months. I've tried direct feeding two of them and not the others and even vice versa the ones fed split constantly while the others do not. This is based direct feeding once or maybe twice a week.

Just my experience, ymmv.

BoralBandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky with my Ultra Rainbow BTA, my clows hosted right away and actually started bringing food to it. I also target feed it with Reef Frenzy once a week and so far it's loving it, the colors are super bright and im noticing a good amount of growth

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back