Toadstool Drooping?

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, I recently got a large Toadstool from another reefer. It is about 10" tall and around 14" wide when fully extended. I'm having a problem getting it to stand upright. I have another large toadstool right in front of it that is standing up perfectly straight no problem but this one just wont support itself. It's polyps come out and look great when the lights are on. I'd say my flow is medium. Would it do better if I had a small powerhead pointed directly at it? Lights are Kessil ap9x at 25 intensity 0 color (actinic dark blue).

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Toadstool Leather corals are toxic when fighting for territory. If your old one is at anytime brushing up against your new one then your new one is not only trying to acclimate to its new surroundings but also having to deal with toxins be emitted from your original leather. Solutions: 1. separate them. 2. Add carbon.

OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So Toadstool Leather corals are toxic when fighting for territory. If your old one is at anytime brushing up against your new one then your new one is not only trying to acclimate to its new surroundings but also having to deal with toxins be emitted from your original leather. Solutions: 1. separate them. 2. Add carbon.
I run hypersorb and they never touch.

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many toadstools and leathers and they all touch. They all eventually get to learn how to get along with each other.

OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If they were getting hit with toxins then their polyps wouldn't be fully extended.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back