Trapped air in my sea horse stomach

Williamthegr88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it appears my seahorse has trapped air in his stomach he’s floating at the top of the tank he is still eating when I shoot food close to him but he seems to be stuck at the top now is there anything I can do?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are also youtube videos showing pouch evacuations. Once you release the air bubbles in your stallion's pouch and he is comfortable again, you should double check your tank to make sure that no areas of husbandry are being over looked. Maybe even do some Xtra WCs to improve water quality so none of your other ponies get sick.

OP
OP
Williamthegr88

Williamthegr88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are also youtube videos showing pouch evacuations. Once you release the air bubbles in your stallion's pouch and he is comfortable again, you should double check your tank to make sure that no areas of husbandry are being over looked. Maybe even do some Xtra WCs to improve water quality so none of your other ponies get sick.
yea after I seen it happening I did some large water changes and I seen a video of it being done with a kathader is there anything else it can be done with I don’t have a kathader on hand?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one suggests a pipette and blunt Bobby pin if working it out with your hands doesn' work.
Screenshot_20180507-161245.png

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea after I seen it happening I did some large water changes and I seen a video of it being done with a kathader is there anything else it can be done with I don’t have a kathader on hand?
Some folks use a bobbypin.

OP
OP
Williamthegr88

Williamthegr88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok mission complete he is upright. He looks extremely stressed so hopefully he’ll be alright thankyou for all the info

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back