Trident placement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting my trident on Friday from @Bulk Reef Supply. Where is everyone who has been lucky enough to score one placing the inlet hose? And your basic placement of the unit.

I put the inlet hose right after my filter socks, to the side of their outlet (Red Sea Reefer sump). I ended up using the clip to weigh down the black hose. The only placement I could use it in the area was horizontally, and that kept allowing the hose to float to the surface, so since I was at the end of the length of the inlet, sinking it was the best help that the clip could do.

2 weeks in, very happy. Ties within +/- 0.3 of Salifert testing. I wish we could only do once or twice a day testing, because now I think about these fluctuations, when before, I would test one time a day, and the levels would seem mostly consistent or it was a problem. Now I have to compare timepoint/timepoint cycle/cycle. Still very happy, super cool tool.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Optimal place for the sample line is at approximately the same height as the Trident itself, in the sump upstream from any dosing tubes.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now i just placed mine on a lil wooden stand in front of the sump. Was going to be tempory to test it out but actually may leave it this way. Easy to change reagents when time comes.
20190621_211548.jpg

Last edited:

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does it have to be higher than the sump to prevent siphoning?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have to be higher than the sump to prevent siphoning?

I have mine on the floor of the equipment side cabinet in my Reefer XL 425. I’ve had no problems with siphoning. I believe it uses several valves and a single pump, so unless it’s drawing a water sample, the valve connecting the sample line is normally closed.

AACCD69F-EC0F-4BAE-B913-AFF8E7D779A7.jpeg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 202 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back