Trident Programming Ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any suggestions on things they feel are important to be doing with trident outputs in programming for any other modules / outlets?

Here is one thing I use for mag since I do not use a DOS for magnesium, and it doses very slowly. I would think this would keep it slightly above or below desired value.

Code:
Fallback OFF
OSC 015:00/001:10/013:50 Then ON
If Mgx16 > 1440 Then OFF

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use a DOS for dispensing alk, you may have already added a pH line to shut it off if pH rises too high.
In the same Basic View location, your could add a similar line like If Alk > 10 Then OFF, right next to the pH safeguard line.
However, it's not particularly important to do this. The default behavior of the Trident is to release control if measurements fall outside defined limits.
Although if you have the baseline amount set too high, and then ignore the warning the Trident gives you, this could function as a second-line safeguard.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back