Trio Steals Shark from San Antonio Aquarium

cristata.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for someone who works at an Aquarium this is mind boggling. Staff should always put the health and well-being of animals first since that directly correlates with the safety and enjoyment of guests. And aquariums should have features that prevent people from doing things like this. At work I've seen people grab some of our bamboo sharks and try to lift them but they are always caught within seconds. I simply can't understand how they got so far as to put it in a stroller.

OP
OP
kresDFW

kresDFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for someone who works at an Aquarium this is mind boggling. Staff should always put the health and well-being of animals first since that directly correlates with the safety and enjoyment of guests. And aquariums should have features that prevent people from doing things like this. At work I've seen people grab some of our bamboo sharks and try to lift them but they are always caught within seconds. I simply can't understand how they got so far as to put it in a stroller.

I can't speak for their policies, one employee did notice something odd and went to management. If the employee would have stopped and inquired the patrons about situation, we could speculate that the shark wouldn't have made it out the door. Regardless, at least management knew the time to review the tapes at because of the alert and were able to get the authorities involved. Hopefully the shark survives and I'm sure policies will be reviewed.

cristata.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak for their policies, one employee did notice something odd and went to management. If the employee would have stopped and inquired the patrons about situation, we could speculate that the shark wouldn't have made it out the door. Regardless, at least management knew the time to review the tapes at because of the alert and were able to get the authorities involved. Hopefully the shark survives and I'm sure policies will be reviewed.
I sure hope so. And props to the employee for catching it otherwise, who knows what might have happened to the shark. Luckily it appears to be a horn shark (from the pictures on the article) which from my experience are very hardy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back