Trip to the National Aquarium in Baltimore MD

Jmdumbeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, here is a link to my photobucket page, complete with the full album of pictures I took today. I will just post a few pictures highlighting my visit.

National Aquarium pictures by jennymkemp - Photobucket

Anyway, we got to the aquarium around 11, and left around 2. We skipped the dolphin show and '4D Immersion Theater' (Basically a small theater, with unimpressive graphics). It saves 4-5 bucks to skip out on these, and I recommend it. Unless you have kids, then the dolphin show might entertain them, though there's only one dolphin.

The Aquarium consists of 3 large sections. One is the main aquarium displays, the 2nd is the Australian Exhibit. It's a large tropical environment complete with tons of birds, lizards, huge fish, and alligators. Fun stuff, pretty humid. :sad:

The 3rd part is the dolphin show / Jelly Invasion segment. We ignored the singular dolphin show. It looked pretty tame. The Jelly Invasion was kinda neat. It makes you sleepy looking at all the little buggers. This section doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes, if you're going slowly.

Overall I'd say the most use of my time was spent drooling in front of the only two REAL coral reef displays they had. All of the other SW aquarium displays they had were filled with gross painted fake corals. This always bothers me, as algae covers it and makes it look nasty over time. Plus it's just way too obviously fake, and this bothers me. However, the two coral exhibits they had were really fantastic. They were set up great as far as my beginner eyes could tell, and the RBTAs I saw were BEAUTIFUL. :tongue: Anyway, without further a due, here are pictures!!

RandomBaltimoreAqua029.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua030.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua031.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua034.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua035.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua036.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua037.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua038.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua041.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua045.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua047.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua049.jpg

RandomBaltimoreAqua054.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back