Tropic Marin’s pro reef German box

ReefOnTheBayou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a quick question for the ones that use TM Pro reef.
I have 2 boxes of German salt that brs sent me as replacements.
Has anyone had any negative experiences with the German boxes/buckets?
I'm thinking about using them but having a hard time deciding after seeing the differences I seen with using red sea.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about hw Wiegandt??? If you are it’s good stuff!!! Clean and no anti caking crud . Parameters at times needs a little tweaking which I believe is from not being mixed well during processing but for me it was cheaper and I switched to it when I couldn’t find TM cuz it was out of stock for a while .

Last edited:

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a quick question for the ones that use TM Pro reef.
I have 2 boxes of German salt that brs sent me as replacements.
Has anyone had any negative experiences with the German boxes/buckets?
I'm thinking about using them but having a hard time deciding after seeing the differences I seen with using red sea.
Was it a good experience with redsea? What salt from red sea did you use?

OP
OP
ReefOnTheBayou

ReefOnTheBayou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about hw Wiegandt??? If you are it’s good stuff!!! Clean and no anti caking crud . Parameters at times needs a little tweaking which I believe is from not being mixed well during processing but for me it was cheaper and I switched to it when I couldn’t find TM cuz it was out of stock for a while .
No sir, I'm talking about the TM Pro reef made in Germany. I was just wondering if anyone experienced any negative issues. I heard some rumors floating around, just trying to get some feedback on it before I use what BRS sent me.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your tank doing better switching to tm pro or red sea? Just confused by how it was stated

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people have still reported issues with the german salt, not sure if it is as bad or good as before just yet

OP
OP
ReefOnTheBayou

ReefOnTheBayou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize. I was using tm pro for awhile and I had to switch at the beginning of the year due to some issues. I went to red sea blue bucket and everything has been solid. It has been a great experience with red sea and the tank responded well to it.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stick to red sea if you are having good results with it, best not to change anything. I am trying syn biotic out because of the increase in price of blue bucket and i am doing a tank transfer at the moment. Crossing my fingers it doesnt screw me but gonna test with a couple of water changes before the transfer

Back