Trying to sell RS 525xl Reefer, but no luck

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks!
I have listed a brand new RedSea 525xl Reefer Deluxe here:

Thread 'FS: Brand new Red Sea 525xl Reefer Deluxe' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fs-brand-new-red-sea-525xl-reefer-deluxe.836242/

As well as on FB Market Place, several reef groups, and my message board at work.

I am thinking this is a very fair price, but haven't gotten much of a response although I have gotten a few offers, but not at the asking price.

It's a brand new system. I really thought it would be no problem getting my asking price. Is it the price? Timing of the market?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think probably more than a few reefers have been scared off of large RS tanks because of the previous stand issue and the handling of it on their FB page etc...But it's also a big tank and a lot of cash and must be transported safely.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks!
I have listed a brand new RedSea 525xl Reefer Deluxe here:

Thread 'FS: Brand new Red Sea 525xl Reefer Deluxe' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fs-brand-new-red-sea-525xl-reefer-deluxe.836242/

As well as on FB Market Place, several reef groups, and my message board at work.

I am thinking this is a very fair price, but haven't gotten much of a response although I have gotten a few offers, but not at the asking price.

It's a brand new system. I really thought it would be no problem getting my asking price. Is it the price? Timing of the market?
My first thought is why selling, just a thought though

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No warranty since not original owner, RS tanks have had some issues and have to be ultra careful moving it.

Many people are picky/fanboys of specific lights and you could buy that RS tank a bit cheaper without lighting then add what you want.

Those looking to save money probably want to save even more and may lean towards an actual used tank. Those willing to spend 3k probably just buy new anyways.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back