trying to use dos to feed live food. it's not working right help

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, so I found the video created by paul with Neptune about how to feed live and or refrigerate required foods to the tank. great video. However.

I have followed it to the letter and it works with one flaw. in his video when he presses the feed mode the pump runs forward, feeds the tank, then runs in reverse and clears the lines.

when i press the feed mode button the pump runs in reverse clearly an already empty line (sucking air), then feeds the tank, but it does not run long enough to provide any trace elements to be measured i get nothing, but the line is filling up I will assume my math on my tubing length is wrong but I can fix that small problem.

can yall look at this info and help me figure out why my pump clears the line first and feeds second. this is not how the video shows it working. here are the screenshots of my setup.

first, you create the profiles
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

then you configure the dos pump by adding two lines of code.
Capture 4.JPG

I mean it all looks right to me so again ACCORDING TO THE VIDEO. when you press feed mode. the first thing to happen is the food is added, secondly, the pump runs in reverse to clear the lines. my set up does the opposite my lines clear first an then feed,

Last edited:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dud not watch the video, but do own a DOS.

Simple solution.....

Switch the lines on the DOS heads.

On second thought, when the DOS does it's thing, have you watched the pump heads to see they are running in the correct direction in relation to what the pump should be doing? IE runs forward in the adding mode, and runs backwards in the reverse mode?

I would still just switch the lines on the heads.

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all it seem to have fixed its self. Very odd.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back