Tubs stellata and Lepto how hard are they ?

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting this coral for a good price I have been keeping lps successfully with no mortalities and well I really like the way this too sps grow how hard are they will I have to crazy doze for them or can I get away with only water changes ? I would love your feed back on how to successfully keep this coral and how to keep it happy for flow there is enough flow on the tank

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tubs stellata for me has been a very hardy and easy to grow coral. As one of my very first corals, it's seen its share of ups and downs and has hung in there like a champ.

fFVdC9ql.jpg

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tubs stellata for me has been a very hardy and easy to grow coral. As one of my very first corals, it's seen its share of ups and downs and has hung in there like a champ.

fFVdC9ql.jpg
Nice coral
Will I have to crazy dose ?

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice coral
Will I have to crazy dose ?

It is an SPS coral, so it will use calcium and alk. You may not have to dose, but you should start to test to see where you are at and how much your tank uses. Depending on what else is in your tank you may be just fine replenishing alk and calc through routine water changes.

Tubbs stellata is a montipora, so it can get by on lower light and lower flow than what most acros would need, but it does require both for good growth. Good choice for a beginner sps and a great looking coral to boot. Good luck - post pics!

Last edited:

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very hardy. This is an older picture. It’s about dinner plate sized. It’s on the right with a bubble gum month growing out of its center
4122CA53-60F3-45AB-84A7-A82209BC51F3.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okays i do test now and then for my lps main display with some softies but calcium is always between 450 to 480 never goes down... alk is always at 9 i will just have does paces of sps plus a free red monti and green mushroom with orange rim that i got for free for only 30 dollars for all this coral . so it will be 3 sps peaces in the tank . just waiting on the person to bring them but i wanted to research on them before they go to my tank... i test monthly as my parameters never changed when i would check weekly.... but now i hink i should test ever other day to see how much to dose ???
i already have a gallon of calcium and alk ready to go ... just made them today and a siring for each ...
i have an mp40 in the tank for flow and a 165 watt led light cover whole tank but dont know the par on the tank ... and amazin stomy coral !!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back