Tunicate growth/spread to Tunicates

egdirbkram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there was always a tunicate that hitchhiked along on my TBS aquacultured florida live rock. Over the last couple months i've seen it grow/split into a friend next door. And I believe I have another one growing now on the other side of the rock (tank viewed from both sides.). I think they're great and i'm pleased with them.

Here is a time-lapse video of it ingesting and expelling (is that the right terminology?)

I guess my question is I know they're harmless but occasionally i'll find my hermits on them. If the hermits decided to attack them there wouldn't be any bad effect like a cucumber nuke would there?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there was always a tunicate that hitchhiked along on my TBS aquacultured florida live rock. Over the last couple months i've seen it grow/split into a friend next door. And I believe I have another one growing now on the other side of the rock (tank viewed from both sides.). I think they're great and i'm pleased with them.

Here is a time-lapse video of it ingesting and expelling (is that the right terminology?)

I guess my question is I know they're harmless but occasionally i'll find my hermits on them. If the hermits decided to attack them there wouldn't be any bad effect like a cucumber nuke would there?
The video isn't working for me, but, to my knowledge, there shouldn't be any bad effects if the hermits attack them.

Back