Tunze 9001 + CO2 Scrubber: possible?

evrydayzawrkday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I am off to chase PH :) I have a 40B AIO (see build thread) that I am trying to get the PH up. Currently I’m using a Tunze 9001 that I really enjoy and would like to use a CO2 scrubber.

Considering the design of the Tunze, how would I set this up? It doesn’t have a normal inlet, as it has the comline thing for air intake.

oceanleaf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, you can use a CO2 scrubber with Tunze 9001.
I'm currently using Tunze 9004, which is very similar in design.

For DC version, you can detach the inlet from the silencer and then attach a CO2 scrubber to the inlet instead. The scrubber will act as a silencer too, so it will not be noisier.

Capture2.PNG

For the older version, you can attach the scrubber to the inlet of the silencer instead.

OP
OP
E

evrydayzawrkday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before embarking on the pH crusade, what is yours presently?
Lowish, night is 7.7 and day is 7.9.
Speaking to BRS today they recommended swapping out AFR (all for reef) for kalk. I am having issues with AFR (even at 3ML/day I’m getting a slow ALK rise, and this is a 40g tank with a mixed reef), so this may work.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking to BRS today they recommended swapping out AFR (all for reef) for kalk. I am having issues with AFR (even at 3ML/day I’m getting a slow ALK rise, and this is a 40g tank with a mixed reef), so this may work.
As I understand it, AFR does not raise any component. It merely maintains whatever levels you have. So if you get acceptable alk levels, then use AFR to maintain them.

KÜRŞAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For DC version, you can detach the inlet from the silencer and then attach a CO2 scrubber to the inlet instead. The scrubber will act as a silencer too, so it will not be noisier.

Capture2.PNG

For the older version, you can attach the scrubber to the inlet of the silencer instead.
hi how high is the ph does the tunze 9004 also perform well?

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How I got rid of all for reef it couldn’t keep up anymore

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Capture2.PNG

I have the same skimmer how do I remove the tube?

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Capture2.PNG

Actually i brute forced it to separate now what are you using for that bottle I like your idea also C02 removing material in it?

oceanleaf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually i brute forced it to separate now what are you using for that bottle I like your idea also C02 removing material in it?
I just followed this thread on the direction. It is very simple to implement but might not be as effective as a more sophisticated implementation.

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just followed this thread on the direction. It is very simple to implement but might not be as effective as a more sophisticated implementation.
I use this product and you can virtually raise your ph by the amount you dose it. It works well but it uses a dangerous chemical so do not touch it and must handle with extreme caution. I am started the recommended dose it works great doesn’t affect alk or calcium. It can burn your skin.

Attachments

• 28EE188C-A875-4DCD-8036-65A30AEC62B9.png
    28EE188C-A875-4DCD-8036-65A30AEC62B9.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 102

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works Well i got my Tank up to 8.4 most nights then i turn skimmer off, Tunze 9001 works well but i dont have it anymore :(

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works Well i got my Tank up to 8.4 most nights then i turn skimmer off, Tunze 9001 works well but i dont have it anymore :(
I upgraded to better quality skimmer. Tunze 9001 leaked too much in tank. Now have aquamax hob and works 80x better.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back