Turbo Snail eggs?

Ladybones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify these eggs?

my biggest guess is that they are my turbo snails, the other snails I have in the tank are Nerite and Cerith but I don’t think they are those because of the size of the eggs.

unless they are not eggs at all lol

6AC074BB-7F11-4E3E-873B-693B681055B2.jpeg

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify these eggs?

my biggest guess is that they are my turbo snails, the other snails I have in the tank are Nerite and Cerith but I don’t think they are those because of the size of the eggs.

unless they are not eggs at all lol

6AC074BB-7F11-4E3E-873B-693B681055B2.jpeg
Looks like Nerite snail eggs. Cerith snails lay their eggs in long chains.
They look like nerite snail eggs. Turbo snail eggs have more a pattern.
1670432477029.png
Not Turbo eggs; they spawn directly into the water column. These are Nassarius snail eggs.

OP
OP
Ladybones

Ladybones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are probably Nerite eggs - some Nerite species' eggs can get up to 4.5mm in diameter.
That makes sense, the Nerites like that area, I originally ruled out Nerites because I thought they layed eggs like the Freshwater Nerites do and were really small eggs. Now do I have to worry about them hatching?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, the Nerites like that area, I originally ruled out Nerites because I thought they layed eggs like the Freshwater Nerites do and were really small eggs. Now do I have to worry about them hatching?
Probably not. I'm not familiar with too many Nerite species, but a fair number of them (I would assume most, but I only know a few for certain) go through a pelagic veliger phase. This means that they will be preyed on by basically everything in the tank, removed by skimmers, pureed by powerheads, etc. - so they'll be eaten or killed and likely won't have any survivors.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back