Turbo's Aquatics Algae Scrubbers: Rev 5 Status & Rev 4 Availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to back off the oxy and now I can stand up. Seriously. I've been on vicodin and codeine before but not oxy, that stuff is no joke.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to back off the oxy and now I can stand up. Seriously. I've been on vicodin and codeine before but not oxy, that stuff is no joke.
Hey Bud ,so sorry to hear but glad they cough it early sending to lots of postive vibes for a spedy recovery.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this will be an extended break from the aquarium world for me. Pathology of harvested lymph nodes revealed a unexpected high risk factor. Also there was another growth that could not be removed as it was seemingly attached to my left interior carotid. They assumed it was a lymph node, but when they got to it didn't look like one and was "pulsating" like an aneurysm. Good news is that an immediate post-surgery CT-A showed it was not, so it is now dubbed "The Anomaly".

Combine all this together and now I'm up for getting my four 2nd molars removed as a precaution, followed by 7 weeks of chemo+radiation of the neck. Which apparently is not the worst area to get radiation treatment, but it's like top 3.

I'll be taking care of outstanding customer service issues as best I can between now and the end of February, as that's when the side effects will start to kick in. Hopefully they will not kick my butt but I'm 100% anticipating they will.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this will be an extended break from the aquarium world for me. Pathology of harvested lymph nodes revealed a unexpected high risk factor. Also there was another growth that could not be removed as it was seemingly attached to my left interior carotid. They assumed it was a lymph node, but when they got to it didn't look like one and was "pulsating" like an aneurysm. Good news is that an immediate post-surgery CT-A showed it was not, so it is now dubbed "The Anomaly".

Combine all this together and now I'm up for getting my four 2nd molars removed as a precaution, followed by 7 weeks of chemo+radiation of the neck. Which apparently is not the worst area to get radiation treatment, but it's like top 3.

I'll be taking care of outstanding customer service issues as best I can between now and the end of February, as that's when the side effects will start to kick in. Hopefully they will not kick my butt but I'm 100% anticipating they will.

shoot sorry to hear Bud, rest up! your health is more important than building me a scrubber for sure.
we all are holding space for the best outcome.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Chemo+Radiation was pretty rough but I'm told that it could have been worse. Managed to avoid needing a feeding tube and only had to spend one day in the ER...on the last day of radiation I got up out of bed too fast, passed out and konked my head on the way down but after scans & monitoring, everything was fine, just dehydrated and low BP.

That was a month ago (3/11 to be exact) and I really looked like a cancer patient back then. Less so now, appetite and energy are back but my beard is gone and I look like I intentionally got a buzz cut around the sides and back (it'll grow back so they say). I still can't taste most things but at least meat doesn't make me gag anymore. Again, the docs say that I'm ahead of the curve on recovery. Scan at the end of this month, then a bunch of doctor meetings and maybe I'll know the next step, or maybe I won't. Hard to say with medicine.

My workshop is getting empty and my storage locker is getting full, had to extend lease week to week as I haven't had the time or energy to get it all out quite yet. But I have managed to be social, helping out at the local Reefing USA event last weekend and attending a conference last week, and also golfing with my son (though walking 9 holes last weekend was maybe not the best idea).

Priority is still the same: family, health, engineering. Although my wife said yesterday "how long until you start doing something with all that stuff in storage, or just throwing it all away and be done with it for good" to which I responsed "end of summer". So now the goal is to be building Rev 4 scrubbers by the end of summer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back