• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

TURNKEY amazing frag tank setup! Price drop, $2,400

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your New Year’s resolution to enter the fragging business, but have costs for the best setup been ruining your plans?! Have you dreamed of owning an eye-catching, end-to-end system to showcase on your desk?! If you have answered “yes”, then this listing is for you.

Unfortunately, now that my eldest is in college, the responsibility to maintain this frag setup had fallen mainly on me and I simply do not have the time needed. The setup has been shut down for 6 mos, and I haven’t even had the chance to post it for sale. Before I list everything included, here are a few overarching comments:
  • I fully sanitized the tank when we shut it down 6 mos ago by running citric acid through the system for a few hours, it is pristine. The tank was used for no longer than 6-8 mos, so everything is practically brand new.
  • I am not looking at breaking this apart, so please no offers on individual pieces. This system was handpicked to work as a flawless turnkey frag tank setup, and I am sure there is someone out there who has been waiting for an opportunity like this one.
  • The tank, top off reservoir, dosing container are all custom made. The tank is piano finish. Dimensions and approximately volume details are below (WxHxD):
  • RODI top off container: 8x16x16, 8 gallons
  • Dosing chamber: 8x10x10, total volume is 3 gallons. There are 5 dosing chambers, so each chamber is apprx 2,200 ml (plenty so you don’t have to worry about constantly having to top off).
  • Tank: 8x41x21, 25 gallons. Piano finish, museum quality, ¾ thick acrylic, custom built by Advanced Acrylics.
The whole setup the way I have it, side-by-side, is exactly 5 feet.
  • I have included pictures of some additional things/supplies that I will gladly throw in for free (like tons of insulated boxes, heat packs, plastic bags, cups, auto feeder, anemone basket, etc). There is even more not pictured. I have no use for them, so whoever gets this setup, will be up and running with everything needed from day 1 (the only thing I think missing is Gorilla Glue!).
  • Please no trade offers, as my display tank is full to the rim.
  • Located in the back of The Woodlands. Whoever buys this is welcome to come and take a detailed look at the setup before taking it apart, in case if you’d like to replicate the setup, placement, etc. We took the time to make sure this setup is esthetically pleasing, with everything hidden, etc.
  • I am sure I have forgotten something, but the list of main pieces of equipment is below (in short, everything you see in the pictures below will be included, whether I have itemized them below or not – with the exception of things that are clearly not reefing related, like a box of Japanese charcoal ;).
  • Some other notable details of whats included:
  • 3d printed MP40 cover and flow randomizer
  • 3d printed mounts for dosing pumps.
  • Full eKoral suite of equipment - controller, dosing, probes, monitoring, power supply etc. I like their UI way better than Apex. Amazing and easy to setup schedules, controls, rules, etc. Happy to do a walkthrough on how it works.
  • All frag racks are included as well.
  • Tons of frag disks, plugs, travel containers etc are all included.
  • Float switch for RODI top off as a physical safety for top off (in addition to the one included with Duetto ATO and an optical one included with eKoral Lite).
  • Similarly, the 8g ATO container has a float switch so you can set and forget when refilling RODI.
  • TONS of 3d frag and mushroom boxes that you can move around and hang. These are invaluable as they pretty much double the real estate.
  • May be difficult to see from pics, but there is a UV sterilizer and a second heater in the back for redundancy. The main heater is in the tank.
  • Awesome diffusers by 3DReefing.
  • 3d printed extra large cup for the Tunze skimmer (original top is included too). Large skimmer cup helps you go for weeks (drain valve is built in if you want to run the skimmate to a separate container).
  • 4 CoralVue Kamoer X1 dosing pumps are daisy chained together, so only using one power socket. I love these pumps, super easy app, I got 4 on my display tank, been running for years.
  • All other 3 individual dosing bottles included are 250ml Pyrex. So, in total, you have 8 individual items you can dose. We did large volume stuff using the 2,500 ml custom made dosing container and lower dosage items (like NeoNitro, PhosE, vodka in Pyrex).
  • Finally, to help kick start the fragging business, I will throw in a few huge (including one giant, baseball size), ECC Confetti goni frags that you can frag into easily 10+ chunky individual frags. I also have ECC Burning Man, QCC Glitter Bomb, and Amazeball and can do a deal on those, if interested.
  • The list of main items is below:
2 AI Hydra 26HD LED lights
2 Auto feeders
4 CoralVue Kamoer X1 dosing pumps
BRS 100W titanium heater bundle (heater+controller) +1 extra heater
Dosing container
Duetto dual sensor autowater topoff system
Ekoral doser
Ekoral ek Power 6 programmable power strip
Ekoral Lite controller (includes probes, optical sensor, etc)
Ekoral Lite power programmable strip
Frag racks
Impulse sealer
Pump
RODI reservoir
Tank
Tunze Comline DOC 9001 skimmer
UV sterilizer
Vortech MP40

Price for the whole turnkey setup + ECC Confetti goni frags, heavily discounted: $2,750 (original cost is well in excess of $6K).

Pick up in Houston or The Woodlands, TX.

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg
IMG_1660.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg
IMG_1664.jpg
IMG_1652.jpg
IMG_1656.jpg
IMG_1658.jpg
IMG_1654.jpg
IMG_1657.jpg
IMG_1655.jpg
IMG_1653.jpg
IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1649.jpg
IMG_1651.jpg
IMG_1645.jpg
IMG_1650.jpg
IMG_1648.jpg
IMG_1646.jpg
IMG_1641.jpg
IMG_1637.jpg
IMG_1643.jpg
IMG_1638.jpg
IMG_1640.jpg
IMG_1644.jpg
IMG_1642.jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

IMG_1662.jpg
IMG_1659.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back