Two Dispar Anthias in 80 Gal Tank?

Joe13374

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone one year into reefing and I just purchased two Dispar Anthias. The guy at the store told me they would both be fine in my 80 gallon tank, but when I look up everything online it says they probably need a 125 Gallon

I plan on having several feedings for them and copepods so I will be feeding well.

I have no experience in Anthesis so I figured many of you could offer advice. They are both in quarantine however if my tank is too small for two of them I will give them to someone who can care for them with a larger tank.

My current 80 Gallon tank only has two clownfish and a Blenny. I only plan on having a total of 8 fish in the 80 Gallon tank and its a 4ft shallow long reef tank.

Any advice would be much welcomed!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80 gal is fine. Dispar stay small. I have a pair and they are always together. Make sure you have plenty of hiding spots for them. They are out and about but like the security that rocks bring. They’ll also sleep in them at night.

OP
OP
J

Joe13374

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80 gal is fine. Dispar stay small. I have a pair and they are always together. Make sure you have plenty of hiding spots for them. They are out and about but like the security that rocks bring. They’ll also sleep in them at night.
Thank you I have lots of rocks for them and plenty of swimming room. How many times do you feed yours and what good have you found best for them.

Again thank you for replying its really helps!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 2-3 times a day. They eat pretty much everything. Mysis, brine, flakes and pellets. They are not picky eaters.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other.

Back