Tyree War coral for fragging!

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone interested in fragging this up at rhett's place when the meeting is there in october???

IMG_20110822_191518.jpg

OP
OP
S

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, just to be clear as I said in another thread, I would be looking for a $15 donation per cut frag depending on number of people interested... Looking for atleast 10 people probably can get more... There is roughly 100 eyes so the frags should be decent size

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay I need to know how thick the rock is at its thickest point. I can cut rocks up to about 4" thick. In regards to that I dont mind doing it just replacement blades cost me $70 each. Im not going to charge people to cut things just making everyone aware. Also be mindful that when your fragging things that you look at something and say yeah I can get 6 frags out of that. No because of the blade cutting pieces up and the parts you destroy while cutting youd really get 4 maybe 5 frags out of something once its all done. Just letting everyone know. Bring what you want Ill be happy to cut it aslong as its not too thick.

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we were to do this we could stick with a particular type of coral each month. That would enable us to discuss the in's and out's of fragging things wile it is pretty simple and straightforward there are always things to be learned in this hobby. I would also like to talk about getting good growth once thing fully encrust on a plug or piece of coral. There is no doubt that having someplace to grow increases growth rate substantially. While that seems obvious it takes a while to learn that lession with some encrusting corals.

OP
OP
S

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the coral actually came off the rock so it would be basically cutting the coral. yeah this might make 6 frags, not ten... you could almost hit it with a hammer to make frags but a saw would be cleaner.

Jay I need to know how thick the rock is at its thickest point. I can cut rocks up to about 4" thick. In regards to that I dont mind doing it just replacement blades cost me $70 each. Im not going to charge people to cut things just making everyone aware. Also be mindful that when your fragging things that you look at something and say yeah I can get 6 frags out of that. No because of the blade cutting pieces up and the parts you destroy while cutting youd really get 4 maybe 5 frags out of something once its all done. Just letting everyone know. Bring what you want Ill be happy to cut it aslong as its not too thick.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back