UC Flaming Unicorn Acanthrophylia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hcker99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$650 Shipped

IMG_9002.jpg
IMG_9004.jpg

TWT5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to have one similar for about 5 years... overall red and dark red with multi colored dots. One day the tissue started to recede for some reason and I was unable to bring it back to health. After seeing your videos, your acantho is a great size too. If I can round up some extra Christmas money... and it's still available... I might be in contact.

OP
OP
hcker99

hcker99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to have one similar for about 5 years... overall red and dark red with multi colored dots. One day the tissue started to recede for some reason and I was unable to bring it back to health. After seeing your videos, your acantho is a great size too. If I can round up some extra Christmas money... and it's still available... I might be in contact.

These and really all meat type corals get really ***** when it comes to algae and phosphates. Another thing that has helped us is we do weekly feedings of Fauna Marine LPS pellets.

TWT5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These and really all meat type corals get really ***** when it comes to algae and phosphates. Another thing that has helped us is we do weekly feedings of Fauna Marine LPS pellets.
Thanks for your thoughts... Cynarina, Acanthophyllia, Indophyllias are my favorite corals... I've had a few over the years. I feed my meaty corals with thawed brine shrimp. Not sure if that is best, but they seem to respond ok... however I was wondering about an alternative. I've read about the Fauna pellets, but never purchased any. That coral that I eventually lost seldom opened up to indicate it was hungry or interested what was moving around in the tank... it was difficult to feed. On the flip side, I currently have a acantho and an indophyllia that are constantly open and receptive to food. Point is I've had some meat corals seem hungry, and others are not. The one I lost was my favorite though.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back