Undulate Triggerfish tankmates (Yes, I know what you're thinking, but hear me out)

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon with a juv. Snowflake Eel (over a foot long, only 1" diameter) and a Neon Velvet Damselfish (around 2-3"). My friend gave me a 3" female Undulate Triggerfish. Would these fish get along? I'm expecting the Damselfish and Triggerfish to fight (probably going to move the Damselfish), however, I am hoping that the Triggerfish doesn't harm the eel (maybe a few nips, but hopefully not serious damage). A lot of macroalgae and live rocks to create territory. (Sorry if there is a repeat, my computer lagged).

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be ok with the eel. With snowflakes staying under rocks all of the time they don't usually bother fish. It depends of the fishes personally. Why is your friend giving away the undulate? Won't get along with anything?

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He decided he wanted to do a peaceful reef. Anyways, I made the decision. If that fish swipes at my eel once, I'm taking it back. Can't risk giving it a chance. Hopefully, they get along.

Mfreddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my triggers fight for space with my 20" snowflake but never real aggression. 7" niger and 5.5" clown.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 19.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back