Upcoming Aquashellas?

whybenormal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any news about upcoming Aquashella events for 2023, especially in Orlando? I'd really hoped to go this year but am not finding info.

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They never updated their site from last year. I bought my two VIP tickets for $85 each sometime last week. It's kinda hard getting to tickets, maybe try on a computer if it's being finnicky.

OP
OP
whybenormal

whybenormal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They never updated their site from last year. I bought my two VIP tickets for $85 each sometime last week. It's kinda hard getting to tickets, maybe try on a computer if it's being finnicky.
When you bought tickets did it give you the dates?
I was wondering if they were actually going to do it this year.
I'm on my pc, and when I click on get tickets it doesn't go anywhere.

I tried emailing them well over two months ago, reaching out on FB, signing up for the email list for updates.

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it didn't. I was and still am having my doubts since I can't find anyone talking about it anywhere, same as you. I think the best bet is to call Gaylord Palms, they must know by now.

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I keep saying. So I called Gaylord, and it's not in their system. One of my LFS owners says Fritz RPM funds the event so I may give them a call. From what I've read though, it was started by that George kid. I left a comment on his most recent video, maybe he'll reply.

OP
OP
whybenormal

whybenormal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I keep saying. So I called Gaylord, and it's not in their system. One of my LFS owners says Fritz RPM funds the event so I may give them a call. From what I've read though, it was started by that George kid. I left a comment on his most recent video, maybe he'll reply.
I didn't realize that Fritz funded the event. I left a comment on one of his recent videos also. I will be curious if you get a response, or find out anything else. I really wanted to go!

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or really big sponsor, either way, that got me thinking to call all the different companies that might be vendors there to see if they know what's up? Yeah, it would've been my very first event ever. I was so pumped... I'd done fresh since I was kid, but fell out of the hobby about 8 years ago. I started up a 10g WaterBox the beginning of last October and I'm totally addicted.

Attachments

• 98B706FD-6BC4-47E4-9880-CABC145A65ED.jpeg
    98B706FD-6BC4-47E4-9880-CABC145A65ED.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
whybenormal

whybenormal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! This would be my first big event too. I did get to go to Carolina Reef Experience, but by comparison that was just a little 1 room expo :-D I did by my first 5 corals there though. I've only had a saltwater tank for a little over 2 years, and just upped to a 75 gal in October. I'm totally addicted too.
I just took this picture earlier today. I'm having ph issues right now and trying to figure them out. ugh.

75 Gallon 01072023.jpg

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the scape. So much room for growth plus a ton of space for fish. Where are they, by the way? I have a bad feeling about Aquashella. Gonna book a couple nights at Caribe for Reefapalooza tomorrow though. $165 a night before tax for the group rate. It was $325 for Friday and $475 for Saturday at Gaylord. No group rate, which means Aquashella never blocked off rooms for the event.

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from my LFS and he got in touch with his Fritz sales rep and was told it won't be till November in Daytona.

OP
OP
whybenormal

whybenormal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were supposed to go to Reefapalooza, and had booked at the Fountains (we have Blue Green, so we usually stay at their resorts) but then my husband accidentally got us tickets to a Styx concert in Columbia (we are just outside of Charlotte, NC) on that Friday night.
SO not wanting to drive all night, I said forget it - thinking AquaShella would be happening soon.
Now, to make it up to me, he's booked us to MACNA.
But Daytona in November is totally doable.

OP
OP
whybenormal

whybenormal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the scape. So much room for growth plus a ton of space for fish. Where are they, by the way? I have a bad feeling about Aquashella. Gonna book a couple nights at Caribe for Reefapalooza tomorrow though. $165 a night before tax for the group rate. It was $325 for Friday and $475 for Saturday at Gaylord. No group rate, which means Aquashella never blocked off rooms for the event.
Thanks on the aquascape. I just redid it all about a month ago. I realized that my first scape didn't really give my fish enough space to hide and swim through, and didn't give me enough space for placing corals. And on top of that, my six line started trying to kill my new flasher wrasse, so while he was in time out (refugium) I redid everything and hoped. After his few weeks of time out, I brought him back. There was peace for a week or so, and she jumped into the overflow. I realized it wasn't going to work. Now she is living in the refugium with my coral eating pencil urchin.

As far as where are all the fish in my tank in that picture... I'm guessing they all hid.
If you knew where to look, the only one actually visible is "Achmed" my Dusky Jawfish.
In the tank are, Scotty, my engineer goby, a Falco Hawkfish - Hawk, Toro the lawnmower blenny, a six line wrasse, a bristletooth tang, 5 pajama cardinals, Scooter the scooter blenny, a large hermit crab, several small ones, Spikey and Snakey the brittle star and serpent stars.
I know I'm forgetting someone...

TheGrimmReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were supposed to go to Reefapalooza, and had booked at the Fountains (we have Blue Green, so we usually stay at their resorts) but then my husband accidentally got us tickets to a Styx concert in Columbia (we are just outside of Charlotte, NC) on that Friday night.
SO not wanting to drive all night, I said forget it - thinking AquaShella would be happening soon.
Now, to make it up to me, he's booked us to MACNA.
But Daytona in November is totally doable.
Hi there!

Adam here, I'm the GM for Aquashella Aquarium Festival. I wanted to reach out and say thanks for being a supporter of Aquashella and we hope to see you in Daytona, November 4-5, 2023. We're working on getting all of the Daytona updates onto the website as we speak and tickets will go on sale soon.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out via email [email protected], thanks!
-Adam

OP
OP
whybenormal

whybenormal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

Adam here, I'm the GM for Aquashella Aquarium Festival. I wanted to reach out and say thanks for being a supporter of Aquashella and we hope to see you in Daytona, November 4-5, 2023. We're working on getting all of the Daytona updates onto the website as we speak and tickets will go on sale soon.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out via email [email protected], thanks!
-Adam
Hi Adam!
I completely missed your reply - I just found the link to get my tickets and we are already booked to be in Daytona that weekend. This will be my first big show! Totally excited!

g925k1025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

-Adam
Just came across this. Live in Daytona, looking forward to a big local event like Aquashella.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back