UPGRADE! 75 Gal. To 150 Gal. To 240 Gal. What is next?

OP
OP
djstud

djstud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0539.jpeg
I am currently running two 4 foot Current USA Orbit Marine IC LOOP LED lights along with a 3 foot Orbit Marine and 6 other marine LED’s. I am also running four 420 T-5’s. The plan is to keep the T-5’s at the very front of the tank. This keeps the out of the way while I perform tank maintenance as this acrylic aquarium has a large lip around the top. I am going to remove the 3 foot Orbit Marine and the six other marine LED’s. I will keep the two 4 foot Orbit Marines and purchase two more of the 4 foot Orbit Marines. This will give me two 8 foot Orbit Marine’s and two 8 foot Blue T-5’s.

IMG_0540.jpeg

IMG_0541.jpeg

I built a wooden frame for my Orbit Marine lights. Eventually there will be a second set of the Orbit Marines on this framework. It sets directly on the top of the tank.

IMG_0542.jpeg

I am going to build a pulley system the will allow me to easily lift the lights out of my way for tank maintenance. I will be able to lift them high enough to allow easy access. They can then be lowered when I am done. I will post some photos when I get the pulley system installed.

OP
OP
djstud

djstud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0559.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg

Finished installing pulleys on my light rack. The East end took 2 single Pulleys and the West end took a single and a double pulley.

IMG_0565.jpeg

This is how it looks with the light rack down. I will be adding another 8 foot of the Current USA Orbit Marine IC LOOP LED lights. That will fill the front gap on the rack. I will remove the 3 foot light. I am leaving the T-5’s in the front and the Aquatic Life LED’s on the back. There are six of the 4 foot Aquatic Life lights.

IMG_0566.jpeg

This is how it looks with the light rack lifted with my pulley system. This is going to be really good when I am doing tank maintenance.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back