Upgrade advice 40g long?

TT309

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got into the hobby a year ago with a 20 gallon tank and I’d like to upgrade to be able to get a better variety of fish. I was thinking about a 40 gallon long(4’ long). I feel like most fish require close to 100 gallons. I’d appreciate advice. I currently have a pair of clowns and a yellow clown goby. My goal is to add some active swimmers.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Sounds like a decent upgrade. You can add quite a bit of decent species that are active. Damsels, gobies, basslets, some of the smaller angels. Clowns are no issue until they get larger. But if all means you can get a larger tank then do it.

Oropher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaay, Upgrade! Congrats on the new bigger tank.

May be you should list out what are the fishes that you'd like to keep. Based on that then research how big the tank needed. ;)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back