Upstate NY LFS’s Between Cambridge, Saratoga & Albany?

VermontReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Friends,
We just purchased a 70 acre farm on the border of Cambridge NY and West Arlington VT. I’m getting back into the hobby after 10 years off and am searching f

I’m wondering if there are any quality LFS’s in or near Albany up to Saratoga etc. 1-2 hour radius of Cambridge. I see a few on Google but are they decent?

Let’s chat. Thx

Avast

Afrashz

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Friends,
We just purchased a 70 acre farm on the border of Cambridge NY and West Arlington VT. I’m getting back into the hobby after 10 years off and am searching f

I’m wondering if there are any quality LFS’s in or near Albany up to Saratoga etc. 1-2 hour radius of Cambridge. I see a few on Google but are they decent?

Let’s chat. Thx
Check out Bensons Fish Room in ballston spa. A newer place but pretty nice.

Bailey VT

View Badges
Reaction score
Eddie's Aquarium in Cohoes, NY might be worth checking out. I haven't been in a while but I got some quality stuff from them in the past. I was only into freshwater at that time, so I never looked at the saltwater selection, but I recall they had quite a bit.

King_Acidic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Eddie's Aquarium in Cohoes, NY might be worth checking out. I haven't been in a while but I got some quality stuff from them in the past. I was only into freshwater at that time, so I never looked at the saltwater selection, but I recall they had quite a bit.
On a whim I decided to take a ride up to Eddie's Aquarium this past Thursday. The store was busier than I expected for 4:30 on a Thursday but they had a ton of supplies and tank options in stock. The saltwater fish selection wasn't too bad but definitely not what I expected. There were a lot of blue tangs and clownfish but most of the fish they had in stock were things that require a much larger setup than I plan to build. The coral selection was definitely bigger than I've seen elsewhere. I only discovered Benson's Fish Room in Ballston Spa this morning so that's now the new LFS on the list to check out.

Reef_Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Bensons fish room is definitely the best lfs around and should be supported.
Eddie's aquarium is big and has a lot of stuff but it's not a very enjoyable experience with the crowd and ticket situation they made by only being open a couple days a week.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

Have you ever had a Angelfish in your reef tank?

• Yes and it was a model citizen (tell us which one)

Votes: 105 32.2%
  • Yes but it did nip from time to time

Votes: 47 14.4%
  • Yes but I had to remove it because it went rogue

Votes: 27 8.3%
  • No but I would like to try one

Votes: 93 28.5%
  • No and not interested

Votes: 42 12.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 3.7%
WWC