Use RODI tubing with GHL Doser 2.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefingIsMyTherapy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been searching for videos and/or threads with instructions on how to use RODI tubing on a Doser 2.1. The RODI tubing is of course not flexible enough and it won't fit on the doser connectors. Is it safe to heat the RODI tube to loosen it up a bit and make it fit, or do I need to use different connectors?

Thanks!

OP
OP
R

ReefingIsMyTherapy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is RODI tubing? Do you mean John Guest tubing?
Hey @Macca_75 I mean the standard tubing you'd use for your RODI system. Something like this

Screenshot_20220530-193708.png

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have my doser setup that way years ago. I would take the tip of the RO tube and heat it up over an open flame making it soft and before it cooled off, I would attach it to the GHL tube attachment.

Attachments

• 20160503_210251.jpg
    20160503_210251.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 107

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about using clear pvc tubing instead? Just use 1/4" OD so it fits into the same RO fittings as the RO tubing.

You can get it with 1/4" OD, so it fits and seals into your john guest type fittings on your dosing containers. And it comes in a couple different ID's too. You can get it with either a .125" (1/8") ID, or .170" ID. Just use whichever one fits your doser nozzles the best.

A 20' roll of it is like $4. They even sell it at home depot.

Saltwateraquarium sells the 1/4" OD x 1/8" ID stuff.
1/4" OD x 1/8" ID dosing line

you can find 1/4" OD x .170" ID tubing at home depot.
1/4" OD x .170" ID dosing line

I could not find a link to the 1/8" ID tubing at home depot for some reason, but my local store had both sizes in stock.
It only comes in clear, so color coding your lines isn't possible, if that's a consideration.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave the RO line (It's John Guest - but John Guest is a brand name) in a cup of boiling water to soften it. Then push fit.

Without using the correct connectors though no guantee of an airtight seal (so you may end up with air in the lines, calibration may be out, etc. Having said that I have done this and got an airtight seal on Doser 1 and Doser 2.0 connectors.

OP
OP
R

ReefingIsMyTherapy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about using clear pvc tubing instead? Just use 1/4" OD so it fits into the same RO fittings as the RO tubing.

You can get it with 1/4" OD, so it fits and seals into your john guest type fittings on your dosing containers. And it comes in a couple different ID's too. You can get it with either a .125" (1/8") ID, or .170" ID. Just use whichever one fits your doser nozzles the best.

A 20' roll of it is like $4. They even sell it at home depot.

Saltwateraquarium sells the 1/4" OD x 1/8" ID stuff.
1/4" OD x 1/8" ID dosing line

you can find 1/4" OD x .170" ID tubing at home depot.
1/4" OD x .170" ID dosing line

I could not find a link to the 1/8" ID tubing at home depot for some reason, but my local store had both sizes in stock.
It only comes in clear, so color coding your lines isn't possible, if that's a consideration.
Thanks @LeftyReefer ! I'm also considering using clear PVC. Really appreciate you providing the links.

Do you know if I can use this tubing? This seems to have the same ID and OD than the tubing that comes with KHD and IOND. (6mm/4 mm)

Beduan Pneumatic Tubing Pipe 1/4" OD Clear Air Compressor PU Line Hose Tube for Water Fluid Transfer 12Meter 39.4ft

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back