Using Phyto

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine is selling phto and gave me a litre tub of the stuff to try. I was told to add about 100ml per day every other day to my 200lt softy tank. Tbh Im not seeing a lot of dfference to the corals..so what might I see / should I see ?

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always dump a lot in, it gets super diluted when such small amounts are dosed. If there’s enough in the water, you may see more polyp extension. It will also promote your pod population. You won’t notice anything while feeding, but after a while you will see a noticeable increase in pods. I often dump a half gallon or more in my 150 gallon tank

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
visually you will not see anything. It feeds copepods and helps them reproduce in the tank, which is always good. It also feeds filter feeders if you have any, such as feather dusters, porcelain crabs, etc.. But your eyes will not see any difference between feeding and not feeding.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back