Vermetid snail? And slimy strings on zoa

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one a frag what is it? Vermetid snail?
84231b5f0e87ae08e45a86c0c6a7a86c.jpg

Also there are these slimy strings on the zoa’s I don’t know.
cd115dd545685e5558e4259e6c55a2a4.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to the vermedit snail, the webbing i'm unsure. It could be the mucus that vermetid snails give off when feeding, otherwise sponges. hard to tell :)

OP
OP
Misha

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to the vermedit snail, the webbing i'm unsure. It could be the mucus that vermetid snails give off when feeding, otherwise sponges. hard to tell :)

I think it’s still only 1 snail whats the best approach to remove it? The webbing wasn’t there yesterday today I glued the plug to the LR, maybe some kind of irritation?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s still only 1 snail whats the best approach to remove it? The webbing wasn’t there yesterday today I glued the plug to the LR, maybe some kind of irritation?
If you used superglue it sometimes gives off a film when its put into the water. As for the vermetid snail, take a small dab of superglue and put it on the end of the tube to trap it in and starve it out. Then once its dead you can scrape it off or leave it. whichever you prefer :)

OP
OP
Misha

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you used superglue it sometimes gives off a film when its put into the water. As for the vermetid snail, take a small dab of superglue and put it on the end of the tube to trap it in and starve it out. Then once its dead you can scrape it off or leave it. whichever you prefer :)

I used epoxy for glueing, manual says there is a possibility for cloudy water nothing about a film. Guess it will go away soon. Can I place a drip of superglue on skewer for example and put it on the snail that way?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used epoxy for glueing, manual says there is a possibility for cloudy water nothing about a film. Guess it will go away soon. Can I place a drip of superglue on skewer for example and put it on the snail that way?
You should be able to, i've always removed the rock to do it so i'm not 100% sure, just make sure there is no flow going when you do or it'll blow the superglue off

OP
OP
Misha

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to, i've always removed the rock to do it so i'm not 100% sure, just make sure there is no flow going when you do or it'll blow the superglue off

I’ve placed the epoxy 2 hours ago, it may not be hard. If that’s the case, and I can remove the frag it’s better to glue it or scrape it off?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave it. If the zoas aren't being bothered I wouldn't mess with them and risk upsetting them :)

Back