[VIDEO] ▶ ROCK FLOWER Anemones - Care, Feeding & Compatibility - Hilary Jaffe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ROCK FLOWER Anemones - Care, Feeding & Compatibility - Hilary Jaffe​

In this episode, Hilary takes us on an in-depth look at Rock Flower Anemones. Join us as we discuss the rock flower anemones' many features, including their average size, coloration, and tentacles. We'll also share the thoughts behind pricing, how to maintain nutrition, and what other species this anemone is compatible with to ensure a happy tank.

FlyingMonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video - Thanks! I have rock flowers, and they spawn very consistently on the "full moon" of my Radion lights. I try to catch the males spawning on the full moon light cycle and turn off the filter so the sperm can reach the females. A few days later, I'm sometimes lucky enough to see the females release the eggs and turn the filter off again to let the eggs settle down somewhere nearby. I have found up to 80 babies at once. However, the babies need individual attention to be raised successfully. The only ones that made it to adulthood are the ones I target-fed regularly. Once they reach juvenile size, they can rely on photosynthesis for nutrition. Peppermint shrimp also love to eat the babies (and sometimes adults), so steer clear of them with rock flowers. I'm working on a species-specific tank just for them so I can begin propagating them more consistently.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back