[VIDEO] ▶ TOP 10 Utilitarian FISH For Your Tank - Hilary Jaffe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TOP 10 Utilitarian FISH For Your Tank - Hilary Jaffe

In this episode, Hilary shares her top 10 utilitarian fish to keep in your tank. Join us as we learn how these fish keep algae and pests under control, and find out which fish made the list and why!

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched that and although I largely agree I wouldn't think Copperbands are a good idea for the average hobbyist, and my Aiptasia Eating Filefish ate my Anthelia and Hairy Leather. Several wrasses were mentioned and since I have a Six Line I wonder how compatible different wrasse species are, and which ones will eat my shrimp.

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my one spot foxface. It is really good at badgering my royal gramma (no harm), and sucking down mysis and sea veggies sheets. Not so much the algae.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, my copperbands and filefish never touch apitasia that I could see! Also I often read that 6 line wrasse can be nasty to other fish.

i was surprised to see cleaner wrasse. Aren’t they hard to keep?

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, my copperbands and filefish never touch apitasia that I could see! Also I often read that 6 line wrasse can be nasty to other fish.

i was surprised to see cleaner wrasse. Aren’t they hard to keep?
I was going to get an aqua cultured cleaner wrasse so it would be easier to feed then I read they can actually stress fish and contribute to disease outbreaks. Apparently in the confined environment of an aquarium they can pester fish too much.

sdedvm78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TOP 10 Utilitarian FISH For Your Tank - Hilary Jaffe

In this episode, Hilary shares her top 10 utilitarian fish to keep in your tank. Join us as we learn how these fish keep algae and pests under control, and find out which fish made the list and why!

Consider a Scooter Dragonette. I had a flatworm infestation that was horrific. I happened to add a scooter to the tank and within a couple of months NO flatworms. I'm not sure if he was the reason but haven't had a single flatworm since and Scooter is still fat and sassy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%

Back