Video of my latest setup: 246gl Rimless Reef.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome man. will be very nice once you get the rest of the lights installed. looking forward to seeing it in person. :)

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tanks gonna be amazing to watch fill in.. I hope your gonna keep up with the vids so the rest of us can watch it grow out too....

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fantastic Sonny! I like how you mixed the SPS and LPS and also a few Zoa's in on the islands. Are you not concerned with them stinging or irritating the SPS?

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Should be really nice.

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I am excited to get this tank grown out! :D I put op the third MH the other day, T5's going up soon.

Looks fantastic Sonny! I like how you mixed the SPS and LPS and also a few Zoa's in on the islands. Are you not concerned with them stinging or irritating the SPS?

Hey Sara, The Zoas wont hurt the SPS, the Acans will. I just keep the acans low and they dont bother anything else. :D

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sara, The Zoas wont hurt the SPS, the Acans will. I just keep the acans low and they dont bother anything else. :D

I get it ... minimal SPS encrustation allowed so they must transfter their growth upward and out! Now I know your SPS secret ;)

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it, simple and perfect. Did you luck out with all those Hippos getting along? I'm surprised the larger one puts up with the smaller ones.

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it, simple and perfect. Did you luck out with all those Hippos getting along? I'm surprised the larger one puts up with the smaller ones.

I was worried about placing the hippos together, but as soon as I placed them into the tank I found all three sleeping right next to each other. Big Blue is about 9 years old and very well behaved. He rules the tank and keeps everyone in line. Is like to add an Aussie H. Tusk but am a little worried. I have no invents in the tank, so he should he reef safe.

Sonny

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back