Vitaly's Red Sea Reefer 250 build...

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At some point yes. Do not think I am there yet, water change replenishes enough for now.
Since I have Apex, I am thinking to get their 2 dose pump. Also thinking of getting Trident, but will give time to see if there are any issues, probably will get in 2020...

I am close to getting one in the near future as my neighbor feeds the fish when I travel and I can’t expect them to do the dosing too.

OP
OP
V

Vitaly S

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vitaly S can you post a recent full tank shot? Looks like you haven't posted one in awhile.

Thanks for the interest!

Nothing really changed. Just trying to deal with some issues at moment.

Noticed that I had flat worms, used flat worm exit a month a or so ago. Seemed that they were gone, but earlier this week noticed them all over my hammer coral. Today tried to dip using Coral RX, but I think I did something wrong. Hammer is completely shrunk, and there have been green snot looking substance coming out of it for last few hours now.

I've bought diamond goby, that somehow went carpet surfing the very first night, despite having tank cover. Also had pinstripe wrasse, but he perished as well. I believe some of my fish beat him badly, by the time I got him in separate container he was too stressed and refused to eat :(

Got bubble tip anemone, which settles right across my clown's hosting spot. But they refuse going into it :D It looks like they are nesting, they are digging sand with their tails and sometimes carry grains of sand in their jaws away.

Here is the pic of my tank taken earlier this week.
MVIMG_20191111_181517.jpg

Clowns in the hole they dug:

Hammer up close, you can see some flatworms on it if look close:
MVIMG_20191111_181349.jpg

And this is how hammer looks right now =/
MVIMG_20191117_180724.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back