Want Opinions -- RapidLED vs XHO vs Other for blue LED strip

DaNkness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review @Rakie.
I use a tech strip for sup lighting and for the money I'm not that impressed. I did notice more pop on some colors but the negative is that I get a slightly disco effect on the shimmer it brings. Anyone had this on the xho?

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie thanks so much for the write up.

You think getting the 50/50 xho could help a bit to get closer to full spectrum and during dim down time with my ati getting some shimmer?

Actually, I would go with something totally different completely, but first I'll tell you what the 50/50 will do --

50/50: Will look more balanced, definitely. The white LED's will also really give you that LED shimmer. I'm not entirely sure why the whites give the best shimmer, but they do, and it looks more natural (like the bright white shimmer lines on sand, opposed to blue'ish ones).

Now I'm not entirely sure what spectrum their White color is... So I get the feeling it will very likely be either a neutral, or cool white..
- Neutral White: it will have light spectrums that are 'right in the middle' so to speak, meaning it may have some red/green/yellow/blue intermixed to get that result.
- Cool White: Will very likely have the traditional white peaks like neutral white, but a heavier emphasis on blue -- Which can be beneficial to corals.

Color Rendition: Neutral White will give you more accurate color rendition.

criXnumbers.png

cree-gen-ltg-training-17-728.jpg

91d88147995b395287c4b4123c84a094.jpg

cree10fig2.gif

So what would I suggest? Blue Acro LED's.
- Strips: www.blueacro.com/acrostrip in 20k+ pr
- Pucks: https://blueacro.com/acrostar/products

Great review @Rakie.
I use a tech strip for sup lighting and for the money I'm not that impressed. I did notice more pop on some colors but the negative is that I get a slightly disco effect on the shimmer it brings. Anyone had this on the xho?

No disco ball here. For what it's worth, I'm not too impressed with my XHO either.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back