Water water everywhere....

fogcutter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still completing my purchases as I set up my new tank. I've decided to start with RO/DI first since it all beings with water. SO many choices out there ranging from 7 stages that cost $150 to $350 with various reviews - some hate it some love it etc...the cheap ones are fine...the cheap ones are crap...same old stuff

I've pretty much narrowed my choice to the BRS 7 stage even though it's among the most expensive option. Where I need help/advice is:

Do you get what you pay for? Is there a compelling reason to lay out the extra cash?

The reviews are very positive and of course the support system is there. I guess I'm still trying to talk myself into pulling the trigger.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the extra money in the 7 stage is in the extra filters. mainly for well water or water with extremely high chlorine. if that doesn’t apply to you, you could bump down to a 5 stage.

and yes, you absolutely get what you pay for, especially with the filters. the brs unit itself might work for you but when it’s time to replace the membrane and di, i would suggest spectrapure. their di cartridges are highly efficient which means less replacing. not the same mixed bed stuff from other companies. their membranes are not the “standard” dow filmtec other companies use either.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back