Wennarae Mantis Shrimp are crazy for their size....

corosato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew going into setting up a W. Mantis Shrimp tank that he was going to be a hunter but holy crap I was not expecting just how much this thing punches above its weight class... So far this dude has:

* Decided it didn't like where I put some zoas, so it shattered the frag plug they were on and ripped them off the shards.
* killed a gorilla crab that was bigger than it and used it's shell as the doorway to its burrow
* this morning as the lights kicked on it stared at me for a second and then calmly tossed a hermit crab head at the glass
* rolled a rock 5 times its size across the bottom of the tank.
* launched an attack at the return nozzle

I mean, it's great but I feel like this thing would probably destroy its tank if it was any bigger...I think I got sent an even bigger psychopath than I was expecting.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow… mine is not like that at all! Shes actually very shy and I never see her. Only know shes alive cause I hear her punching rocks every night lol

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg that is hilarious! If mine is near the glass and I put my fingers up, he’ll punch and it’s like the force of it pushes him back :face-with-tears-of-joy: It happens every time

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 23.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back