What acrylic cement to use to attach a piece

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lookong at Weldon 4. I want to put a piece of acrylic over a crack in the top of the aquarium. I read that weldon is for bonding between like a crack where it seeps in and not meant to go between two flat pieces. Is that correct? If yes then what cement is used to glue lets say 3"x6" piece over a crack in the top?

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A single picture is worth about 1000 words.. Your text above is less than 1000 words - so either add more words or post a picture of the crack so we could advise on how to best deal with it..

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally keep a tube of Weldon 16 on hand just in case. It's thick so it's not good for seeping in cracks and doesn't give you the the most precise application but I find it easier to use in a tube then the thinner stuff that needs to be applied with a needle. Now if I was assembling pieces to make a tank, I would go with something thinner.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16 would work. Also drill a small hole at the end of the crack if it goes into a panel. That will stop the crack from spreading. But a pic may help to get a better idea of anything better or more that needs to be done.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back