What are these?

MtReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing STN over the last 5-6 weeks on a colony of pink birdsnest coral I bought online.......It has been going through slow tissue loss since I first got it. Anyway I thought it was due to too much light and decided to frag it up before I lost the whole colony. I was looking at the frags real close with a magnifying glass and saw these things move....In the pic, they are the small red lines, looks like tiny red or dark color worms.....my eyes aren't the best these days, so I missed them before..... the pic was taken through a magnifying glass, so sorry it isn't better quality......ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE???? I have 5-6 other corals in the same tank.........I have already dipped the 12 or so frags in Coral Rx and have put them in a quarantine tank to make sure I got them all....keeping a close eye on the others for now till I know what they are.......any help is much appreciated!

birdsnest bugs.jpg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like remaining living tissue on a mostly dead piece of coral. Unless you mean the little algae looking things? I think I might be missing something.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 152 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back