What are your favorite 100% aquacultured retailers?

Tuna Melt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What online coral retailers do you guys recommend that are 100% aquacultured? I find lots of places have "aquaculture" in the name but are ultimately chop shops with a side business of acculturing some SPS frags.

I'd like to avoid places with high exposure to wild coral. I suspect I got a coral pathogen from a prominent online "coral farm" that has been moving a lot of wild coral and would love to avoid a similar situation in the future.

Best,
TM

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Favorite for 100% aquaculture

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What online coral retailers do you guys recommend that are 100% aquacultured? I find lots of places have "aquaculture" in the name but are ultimately chop shops with a side business of acculturing some SPS frags.

I'd like to avoid places with high exposure to wild coral. I suspect I got a coral pathogen from a prominent online "coral farm" that has been moving a lot of wild coral and would love to avoid a similar situation in the future.

Best,
TM
Tidal gardens. Watch Than's videos. He rarely imports things and mostly grows what he has or acquired from other hobbyists or vendors.

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal gardens. Watch Than's videos. He rarely imports things and mostly grows what he has or acquired from other hobbyists or vendors.
Thanks for the shout-out. We do indeed Aquaculture 95% of all the corals we sell. However, all newly acquired corals go through a vigorous process for two weeks minimum before going into the greenhouse. All coral that is farmed in the new building has been fully quarantined during a 72-day process.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back