What do you guys think of price and set up? Can u help

SammyWoodywoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I got a list from the local fish store for my 100 gallon tank. I wanted to know if the set up was good. I think it's expensive and found some products on Amazon cheaper, but what do you guys think? Should I go with the set up or do you guys recommend something else for me?

image.jpeg

james983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be carful buying used on Craigslist. Your much better off looking to see if there is a local reef club and dealing with them. When you compare prices remember the cheapest option initially may not be the cheapest option in the long run. Buy the best products you can afford. Do you research on here before you buy. Also, the 1-1 1/2 lbs of live rock is an old standard that guys aren't following much anymore. Guys are doing much better with less. You can also buy just a few pieces of live rock and buy the rest dry. It will save you a bundle of money.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, that tank is gonna be difficult to scape.. Its not very wide for the length. 24" width would be better..

OP
OP
SammyWoodywoo

SammyWoodywoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be carful buying used on Craigslist. Your much better off looking to see if there is a local reef club and dealing with them. When you compare prices remember the cheapest option initially may not be the cheapest option in the long run. Buy the best products you can afford. Do you research on here before you buy. Also, the 1-1 1/2 lbs of live rock is an old standard that guys aren't following much anymore. Guys are doing much better with less. You can also buy just a few pieces of live rock and buy the rest dry. It will save you a bundle of money.
I won't buy used I prefer brand-new

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good Ehiem return pump is $130. Why does it list $650 or even $230? Assuming that is the sump as well?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you buy it local, you will feed a mans family and keep a mans business in business. you will also keep the taxes local and spent on your roads. amazon fought to keep the taxes on items sold and shipped from california out of california.
I get discounts at all the local fish stores always on everything esp important when the corals come in and I need dumb little bottles of stuff. freebies from the nearly dead rack too.
its like charity but pays you back in roads good schools and corals.

Lowstorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find out more about the led before you buy it! I don't know of many for that price, that length, that can actually support corals. For my 72" tank I have 600 total Watts over it.

Editing to add sbreeflights is where I went for mine wireless, timer..

Back