What is going on with my Mushrooms??

JK75gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

First things first, you all are incredible resources, I sincerely appreciate all the knowledge here.
Only 10 months in the hobby and really enjoying it. Amazing to watch everything going on in there!!
Which brings me to my request, what the heck is up with the Mushrooms????
Are they ok??
See below if you would, and thank you in advance for comments....

Mushrooms May until recently:
DSC00164.JPG

Now (a few weeks)
DSC00178.JPG

Tank overall for reference, Mushrooms have been within inches of the original spot. (Moved the scape around a bit)
DSC00176.JPG

Thoughts appreciated.... :cool:

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to tell from the pictures. I agree with what someone else posted that they may have split. I am also wondering if they are getting fed or not. If they are getting fed, then they probably split. If they are not getting fed, you may want to try that. I feed my mushrooms TDO small pellets every evening, and they seem to love them. Here is a picture of some green hairy mushrooms.

IMG_2115.jpeg

OP
OP
JK75gal

JK75gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to tell from the pictures. I agree with what someone else posted that they may have split. I am also wondering if they are getting fed or not. If they are getting fed, then they probably split. If they are not getting fed, you may want to try that. I feed my mushrooms TDO small pellets every evening, and they seem to love them. Here is a picture of some green hairy mushrooms.

IMG_2115.jpeg
they look awesome! I am going to make sure they get fed on their own also.. to be sure.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a big rock completely covered in different colors of these. It was about an 11 or 12 inch ball of them.
They like some nutrient in the water. They like medium to lower light, a bit lower current.
When they are slightly reaching for light and expand nicely, that's usually spot on.

If you do target feed them, they will split for sure and they can grow fast.
Back when I had these, GE made this pinkish sort of compact flourescent bulb that was like 9370k or some weird number like that and they loved those bulbs and the rock sat on the bottom so they weren't getting some super amount of light, but they loved those lights.

When they first start to split it might look like they are dying, but they aren't.

OP
OP
JK75gal

JK75gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, wanted to give an update if interested. The mushroom has indeed split.

1706222054312.jpeg
:)
20240125_172839.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back