What is the name of this coral?

3Poodles&Fish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the following little coral and I am trying to figure out what it is so that I can make sure that I am properly educated a it grows.

All I know is that it's a "beginner" coral that is very hardy and it was dirt cheap!

The photo is not in the best light, the whole thing is purpl-ish color except for the "glowing" spots that are a vibrant lime green.

LMK if a better photo is needed and I can try again - I welcome any photo tips using my iPhone 15, if any are known...
IMG_0315crpd.jpeg

OP
OP

3Poodles&Fish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firework clove polyps… it’s classified as a softie as it doesn’t have a skeleton.. LPs is large polyp stony.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

I do remember now hearing it was a "softie" and I thought softies were LPS, so I am learning more and more each day...

Here is a better pic in better light. Does it make sense that they do not like the "white" light? See in pic how the smaller polyps closed fo the photo. Thye re-opened a few mintes after I turned the light back to where it was...
IMG_0316.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

I do remember now hearing it was a "softie" and I thought softies were LPS, so I am learning more and more each day...

Here is a better pic in better light. Does it make sense that they do not like the "white" light? See in pic how the smaller polyps closed fo the photo. Thye re-opened a few mintes after I turned the light back to where it was...
IMG_0316.jpeg
They like white lighting just not super high light. They will adjust just fine over time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back